Illinois International Port District
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Illinois International Port District?
The main administrative Port District Offices are located at
3600 East 95th Street
95th Street and the Lakefront
Chicago, Illinois 60617
The telephone number is 773-646-4400
E-mails may be sent to IIPD@IIPD.com
- What is a TWIC Card?
The Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) is a common identification credential used for controlling access to secured areas and enhancing the nation’s maritime transportation system. For more information visit www.twicinformation.com or www.tsa.gov/twic
- I want to ship cargo (Domestic and/or International), what do I do?
Contact a freight forwarder. For more information visit www.ncbfaa.org
- I have a shipment coming from overseas, where do I pick it up?
Contact the freight forwarder that is handling the shipment.
- When/where will my cargo/shipment arrive at the Port?
Only the freight forwarder who arranged for the transportation of your cargo can give you this information.
- I received a notice regarding a shipment from the “Port Director, Port of Chicago, U.S. Customs”. What should I do?
Call the U.S. Customs Office at (847) 928-3000.
- I have a question regarding a Foreign Trade Zone, who can I contact?
The Illinois International Port District is the Grantee for Foreign-Trade Zone #22 which encompasses the nine (9) Illinois counties surrounding the City of Chicago. For questions regarding the advantages of obtaining FTZ status, how to apply, etc., please go to http://ia.ita.doc.gov/ftzpage/. For additional information: E-mail questions to the Illinois International Port District at email@example.com .
- How/Where should I apply for employment?
The Illinois International Port District will advertise and post on the web, any open positions.
- Who do I call to reserve a slip for my boat?
For the most current information, on your computer, search: Chicago Harbors
- Who do I call for boat cruises and tours?
For the most current information, on your computer, search: Chicago boat cruises or Chicago boat tours or visit the cruise tab on this web site for additional information.
Tours of the Illinois International Port District are not available at this time.
- Where do I find information on how the IIPD was established?
View the Illinois General Assembly Statute. 70ILCS 1810